MARCH 2019 Update: The Council’s program does not include screenwriting as a qualifying performing arts activity. Oh well… I’m still looking for a screenwriter to collaborate with on my trilogy.
Well, even if marriage is out, perhaps a mutually beneficial, platonic, creative partnership working towards a COLLABORATIVE production effort within an ARTS COUNCIL FUNDED program is a possibility?
Here are the bullets:
- I’ve written a short story trilogy that has drawn some interest as the raw material for a screenplay. http://bit.ly/FotWBtmSKY
- I shared it with a friend in London, a screenwriter with some decent film creds, who expressed interest in the story and the possibility of turning it into a screenplay.
- While we both liked the idea, it IS a longshot and we both have more than enough on our respective, existing, literary plates. We chose to pass, with regrets.
- THEN, miraculously, or fortuitously, or, at least, with GREAT TIMING, we learned of a co-sponsored, government-funded program designed to:
- encourage and support the development of creative and collaborative partnerships between artists and arts organizations in the performing arts sector in the UK and Canada.
- initiate challenging and inquisitive conversations, exchange ideas and practices and develop ambitious, creative research and development projects that can offer the first steps for collaborations and productions between Canada and the UK.
- HMMM… our brows knitted across the cold North Atlantic, and we wondered about PROVIDENCE and other ports and harbours on or above the 49th parallel. A bit more specifically:
The program aims are:
- To fund collaborative and sustainable creative projects that can deliver long-term benefits for the performing arts sectors in both countries
- To increase cultural exchange opportunities between UK and Canada, allowing for more artist mobility and international opportunities
- To share best practices and networks through exchange, to increase skills, develop ideas and new artistic vocabulary between professional artists and organizations
- To support visibility and representation of voices and a diversity of dialogues in the performing arts sector
- To support research, development and creation, and seed support for future collaborations and productions
And that’s where I, my story, “The Bottom of the Sky”, and my friend the produced screenwriter and general all-around nice bloke reinitiated our plan to collaborate!
NOW, we are looking for a registered not-for-profit organization-group-guild in Canada or the UK and Ireland, to knit up this ravelled sleeve and turn my fictive literature into a script for the screen.
Please contact me if this knits your brow, your sleeve or any other unknitted item appropriate for polite company. We await your potential collaboration to MAKE APPLICATION FOR FUNDING as we LEAP FROM TREE TO MIGHTY TREE… together.
November 18, 2018 DEADLINE
Seriously, this is a dead-set brilliant opportunity, so please respond if you are part of a non-profit or know someone who is! email@example.com